Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I like it. I like it a lot...

I know, I know. I haven't blogged since the start of September. I'm sorry. Just be forewarned that I won't post everyday. Simply can't. Physically impossible. *g* First of all, I don't have that much to talk about. Maybe I'm not that interesting? Hmmm...something to ponder.

So I was surfing the net the other day, conducting a periodic search for my name to see if anything interesting comes up. Guess what I came across? A list of recommended authors from All About Romance. To my surprise, I'm one of them!!!

The list was originally created in 1996, revamped in 2002 and was last updated on August 8, 2006. (Yeah, I'm a month late. I'm always the last to know) The list was long and comprehensive, encompassing different romance genres and containing some of my favorite authors. In the Romantica section, there were seventeen authors mentioned, and my name was in there. Really, I've got to confess to being stunned. I've never been mentioned anywhere like this before and have only been nominated for an award once. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It was just very unexpected. My second reaction was...whoopeee!! I shrieked at the top of my lungs and called my husband into my office--scaring the living daylights out of him, by the way. I felt proud that my writing has been noticed and acknowledged this way. Sort of like a validation, if you know what I mean. And don't tell me you've never needed/wanted validation. We all like to hear that what we're doing is appreciated, especially authors. When we write, we pour blood, sweat and tears into our work. It's always nice when somebody tells me they loved my story, that they enjoyed it. Then at least I know I'm not just wasting my time here. LOL.

It's awe-inspiring to be in the company of such distinguished authors as Lora Leigh, Jaci Burton, Joey W. Hill (have you read Natural Law? If you haven't, run--don't walk. It's amazing), Rhyannon Byrd, and Shelby Reed, just to name a few. I still can't believe it. Can you? *g*

No comments: