Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Great Night for Music

I watched the Grammys the other night, the actual show, mind you, not the never-ending red carpet interviews, commentary on clothes and make-up, etc. It's the biggest night for the music industry, kinda like the Oscars. The performances all have to be live. No lip synch, thank you very much. These are the real singers and artists. LOL.

It was nice to see the Police together again for so long. Look, I'm an 80s child, okay? I love 80s music. I have a whole ITunes file full of 80s music, which drives my kids crazy. It would have been nice to hear a new version of Roxanne, but I guess that's the whole point of a reunion, is to hear the classics.

Other notable perfomances were John Legend, John Mayer and Corinne Bailey Rae. Wyclef Jean and Shakira were great, too--I'd die to have her belly. It was so perfect! I thought Beyonce looked glam as usual, but her song didn't really do it for me. But I was happy the most about MJB. She's been around forever, had her ups and downs, but she's back, stronger than ever. Her new song, Be Without You, is awesome, but I also love her classics, like Sweet Thing. It's nice to see that she finally got the recognition she deserved.


Then of course, there's Justin Timberlake. I think I'm in love with him. Not in a I have to have him kind of way, but in a totally fan-nish way. Out of all the boy bands that were so big for a while, I think he's the only one who really made it big, because he is incredibly talented. He can sing, he can dance, and yes, he even plays instruments.
His duet with the Grammy moment winner was simply well-done. The lucky girl pulled it off, too. She had a great voice, she was poised, and most important of all, she could carry a tune.

I'm totally into JT at the moment, even my Blackberry's ring tone is one of his songs. Hey, what the heck, right? He brought sexy back, after all. *g*

No comments: