Thursday, March 15, 2007

300

I went to see 300 last weekend and I'm glad to say, I wasn't disappointed. My husband and I, along with our daughter, caught the late afternoon showing last Friday, hoping to avoid the crowds. You see, the buzz about this movie has been such that we knew it was going to be a hit. To my surprise, the showing was sold out. I mean, we got in and found our usual seats. Then came the steady stream of people, men, women and to my surprise, children. I'm not an advocate of taking little kids to R rated movies, you see. I just don't think its appropriate.

The movie was everything I expected. Stylized, visually captivating and of course, aesthetically pleasing with all the half-naked, very buff men walking around with spears and capes. LOL! I've always been a big fan of Gerard Butler. He's on my list of all time hotties. Puh-leeze. Don't even ask me why. Just look at his picture and watch the movie.


While I enjoyed the constant parade of sculpted six pack and thick, muscled thighs--I am only a woman, after all--I did find the movie lacking in some ways. I thought Butler's Leonidas was a bit over the top. He had a tendency to scream which got to me a little. But this, I readily forgive. In fact, I will forgive Gerard anything. Even the fact that he smokes (according to the cover article in Men's Health Magazine.)He's just so hot and sooo easy on the eyes.

It was a good movie, folks. Fascinating and full of stunning visual effects. I recommend it just for the eye candy. LOL!

No comments: