Thursday, January 04, 2007

Resolutions

Every year, like millions of people out there, I write down some resolutions that I'd like to fulfill for the next 365 days. All in the name of becoming a better me!
Here's a few I'd like to share with you.

1) Lose the extra weight I've been carrying around. This is a universal resolution. Everybody wants to lose weight. Just don't write me and tell me you need to lose three or five pounds. Puh-leeze. Don't make me sick.

2) Addendum to #1. Use the treadmill and elliptical for the express purpose of exercise. They're pretty much furniture right now. LOL.

3) Make more at-home meals instead of eating out. In a perfect world, you'll find me in the kitchen every night, wearing an apron over my dress, whipping up delicious, nutritious home-cooked meals. Reality is, I'm not able to do that most of the time. I'd love to, though. Eating out gets old after a while. Plus, it can drastically cut down on expenses.

4) Be more sociable. Believe it or not, I'd rather stay home with a good book than party. I'm the complete opposite of my husband, who is very outgoing, knows practically everyone and will talk to all of them every chance he gets. I always tell my kids I'm moving to an island somewhere when I retire. They think I'm kidding. Not.

5) Travel. I'd like to take a few weeks in the summer to explore Europe. My idea of a good time would be to get lost in ancient castles and spend hours exploring. Less work, more fun kind of thing. Of course, this is more like a dream, really, than a resolution. LOL.

6)Write faster. Okay, faster might be the wrong term. While I've matured a lot in the past few years that I've been writing, I haven't gotten to the level where I'm comfortable putting out books on a regular basis. I'd like to get to the point where I have three or four books in the cue--without sacrificing quality and plot. Damn it, life. Stop intruding!

7)Try New York. This year, I'd like to try my hand at submitting to a NY pub (again). Last year, I received ONE rejection letter and I consider that my rite of passage. Time to get back on the horse and try to ride that baby one more time.

8) Clean out my closet. Y'all know what I mean. If it hasn't been used in a couple of years, it ain't never gonna be used at all. Throw it out.

9) Other women have Blahnik or Choo fetishes. Mine is for cute, fashionable sneakers. I have more than a dozen pairs that I wear, and more stowed in boxes in the garage. Have got to STOP shopping for sneakers.

10) I'd like to be a better wife and mother in the sense that I'd like to have more patience and cut down on the hormonal rants (another term for pms). Hey, I can dream, can't I?

I will keep my resolutions to ten only. Gotta keep it realistic and most of all, doable. If you have any good ones you'd like to share, let me know. I just might add it to my list.

2 comments:

Cathy M said...

Hi Bev, number 1-5, I totally get, though my furniture, uh exercise machine, is one of those gazelle gliders. Plus, I have a couple of closets that could use an overhaul,the better wife and mom is pretty much a given, and I have the dreaded 10 year back log of scrapbooking that I really need to get off the list. Good luck to both of us.

Beverly Havlir said...

LOL!
My thoughts exactly, Cathy. Hope we both do good with our resolutions this year.