Saturday, December 30, 2006

Current Reads

I had lunch today with some of my Ellora's Cave friends. My editor, Heather, is in town for the holidays and as always, organized a little get together for the So Cal people. Unfortunately, Jennifer (the other half of the amazing Ashleigh Raine) couldn't make it due to an illness, so we missed her today. The awesome Lena Matthews just had a baby, so she she wasn't there, either. I love her, by the way. She sent me a picture of her beautiful family (thanks, Lena!) We also missed Mari Byrne and Mary Wine. All in all, there were five of us. Sylvia Day, Lisa (the other half of Ashleigh Raine), Donna (EC editor), Heather and yours truly.

The day started off at Borders where we oohed and aahed over new books. Afterwards, we trekked over to the Elephant Bar and had a long, fun lunch. Some of the stuff we talk about would make an ordinary person blush, but hey, it was par for the course for us. LOL. Had a great time. Thanks, ladies. Looking forward to seeing all of you again soon.

At Borders, I picked up a couple of books. Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm supposed to be working on my new futuristic series for Ellora's Cave. I'm taking a little time off (an hour here and there surely won't hurt, right) to read. I picked up Sylvia's The Stranger I Married (she very graciously autographed my copy, yay!) and Shayla Black's Wicked Ties.









Both of these authors are great, so I'm looking forward to reading their books. If you've read anything good lately, let me know. When I need a break from writing, what do I do? I read, of course. LOL. What else is there?

4 comments:

Karen Scott said...

Hey Bev, I hope you had a good Xmas!

If you haven't already, you should try Bonnie Dee's Bone Deep - Liquid Silver books.

Amazing story.

Anonymous said...

I just read both of NJ Walters' new releases - both great! And I am now the proud owner of TSIM also. Just came in the mail from Amazon today. Yipee!

Beverly Havlir said...

Hi Karen,

I read your review of Bone Deep. You convinced me, girl! Next trip to the bookstore, it's on my list.

Hope you had a great X'mas and a rockin' New Year!

Hugs!

Beverly Havlir said...

Hi Lori,

Let me know what you think of TSIM. I enjoyed it a lot. The cute guy on the cover didn't hurt, either. LOL.
Gotta check out NJ's new books. Thanks!