Friday, December 29, 2006

Holiday Madness

I've yet to recover from the madness that holidays usually bring. As always, I've indulged too much in food! *groan* I'm going to have to start a new diet (again!) next week. LOL. I'm good for the first week or so. After that, it's all downhill.

This Christmas, I decided to give gift cards to a majority of my family. I figured it was easier. For one thing, they won't have to stand in line the day after Christmas to return the unwanted or wrong-sized gifts. And at the very least, they'll be able to choose what they really want, and I won't have to go nuts trying to figure that one out. LOL.

I've noticed that people seem to have less patience during the holidays, too. Instead of being filled with joyous spirit, people snarl and growl and generally freak out at the drop of a hat. Parking is hopeless, bringing out rude, uncivilized behavior in humans. There was one guy who cut an elderly lady out of a spot she'd been waiting for. And what does he do? He calmly gets out of his car and walks away. Merry Christmas to you too, dude!

Long lines are a given. It doesn't matter where you are or what time it is. If you're going Christmas shopping, then you better expect long lines. There's no use bitching about it or muttering under your breath. Patience is the key here, folks. Ranting and raving won't make the line move any faster, trust me. You're just ruining your day and mine.

Aside from that, I spent a nice Christmas with my family. This year I'm so proud of my son, who works for a major coffee company (they have one in every corner). *g* He worked extra hours to earn money for the holidays and bought gifts for everyone. It was such a nice thing for him to do and I can tell that he was happy to be able to do it. *sigh* My son is growing up. Finally. LOL. About time. He'll be going off to college next year.

I hope you had a fun, peaceful holiday with your family. Remember to say thanks for your blessings and don't forget those who are not as fortunate as you are. Have a Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Cathy M said...

My son got his first job since graduating college and saved up to buy us an amazing set of knifes, and a new grill pan. (I bought my last grill pan on sale at the grocery store). He spent way too much money, but was so darned proud of himself, that we bit our lips and hugged him tight. Another great memory day to store away.

Wishing you many more memory days in 2007.

Beverly Havlir said...

Hi Cathy,

What a thoughtful thing to do! My son spent way too much money, too, but I knew he wanted to do it. Now that Christmas is over, I reminded him to put some in the bank for a rainy day! LOL.

Happy New Year, Cathy.

Hugs!