Monday, April 16, 2007

American Idol review

Too bad Chris Sligh got voted off. I thought he was a great singer, though he had timing problems. The guy always sang just a tad faster than the melody of the song. Oh well, I hope he goes on to bigger and better things. He's talented, that's for sure.



Haley Scarnato caught on fast and started dressing sexy these past few weeks. I think it carried her an extra week or two, but let's face it, although she can sing, she just wasn't as good as say, Melinda (who's the front runner) or Lakisha or Jordin. I figured she was getting the axe last week. But hey, she was in the top ten and I think she goes on to join them in the AI tour. Not bad, huh?

Chris Richardson is cute. I like him. He reminds me a little of Justin Timberlake. His voice is not as strong, but he somehow pulls it off, you know? He's got charisma. Blake Lewis is cool. He puts his own spin on the songs and makes it contemporary. Phil Stacey is not bad, but when he sings, he seems like he's shouting.

And now we get to Sanjaya. I don't know what to say. I really don't. They say he's one of the most popular searches on the internet. He's a good kid, but compared to the others, he's just not as strong. But people keep on voting for him, so much that he's never in the bottom three. This is a singing competition, people. Please keep that in mind. It irritates the hell out of me that he stays and that better singers have been voted off because of him. Grrr!!!

SIGH. Let's hope that this week, we all get it right and vote off the one person who just doesn't belong there.

No comments: