Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Time for him to go

Country music was the theme of American Idol last night. I'm not a country music fan, but there are songs that I like, songs which are extremely easy to listen to. Martina McBride is awesome. She has this song "Valentine" which I really love. Classic. Her voice is just amazing.

Phil Stacey surprised the judges (and me) last night. Maybe country is his niche. His performance was better than the previous weeks. About Jordin...what can I say? For a seventeen year old, she showed poise and control. Her voice is just powerful, you know? I'm telling you she's the dark horse of the competition. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended in the top three or even two.

Lakisha sang "Jesus Take The Wheel" by Carrie Underwood. Simon was blah, and so were Randy and Paula. I think it comes down to song choice for Lakisha. She's very talented, but she needs to pick better songs. On the other hand, Blake Lewis has the uncanny ability of picking the right songs. Last night he sang a Tim McGraw song--the title escapes me at the moment--but he pulled it off. Great performance. Melinda Doolittle, as always, was perfect. Sassy, sexy and fun. I hope Chris Richardson survives this week. I thought he sang well, but Simon thought he sounded nasally.

Sanjaya sang "Let's Give Them Something To Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt. Puh-leeze. If this guy thinks he can continue winning just on hairstyles and smiles alone, he's dead wrong. Simon even said as much last night when he said, "Come on, people. What are we doing here?" He's obviously fed up because people keep on voting for Sanjaya, who plainly does not belong there compared to the rest. I think this kid is beginning to believe the press, too, because he acts like he can't do no wrong. Reality check here. HE NEEDS TO GO.

Let's hope they get it right tonight and vote off the one person whose time has come.

No comments: