Thursday, July 13, 2006

Birthday Musings

So it was my birthday yesterday. The whole family took the day off and spent it together. My two teenagers had a ceasefire (thank God!) and for once, didn't drive me nuts with their bickering and teasing. They actually get along very well, but when the mood strikes, and it seems to often, they just get on each other's nerves. After a very nice morning, we had a great lunch. Sometimes its nice to just catch up, talk, and laugh. I really liked that. Cheesecake Factory is a family favorite, and we ate off each other's plates. Afterwards, they took me to see Pirates of the Caribbean (which was okay but loooong). Finally, hubby and I relaxed at home, and had a couple of drinks by the pool under a beautiful, clear night sky.

You know, birthdays always make me reflect on life. I have a lovely home, wonderful husband and lively, vivacious kids that keep me on my toes. I also have my writing, for which I am very thankful, because it's always been my lifelong dream to write. Sometimes, with life's ups and downs, I have a tendency to focus on the negative. But really, if I actually sit down and take the time to make a list, the blessings far outnumber the hard times. But human nature being what it is, most of the time I tend to overlook all the blessings in my life.

Birthday wishes? I wish to be more successful at writing. *g* I fervently wish my kids will grow up to be smart, stable, practical adults. I wish for them to finish college and experience life at its fullest. But at the same time, I wish we can keep the closeness we have now. Most of all, I wish there were more hours in the day so I can devote it to writing. Real life has a nasty habit of intruding. LOL.

Happy Birthday to Me!

No comments: