Tuesday, November 07, 2006

De-lurking

One thing I love about the internet is the fact that I can surf websites, check out blogs and message boards anonymously. I admit I'm guilty of lurking most of the time. There are very few places where you'll see me post. One place is Karen's blog. I like her. We're pretty much on the same wavelength and she has such a unique way of expressing herself. I think she's rubbing off on me--I find myself cussing a whole lot more nowadays. *g*

I put a little counter here on my blog so that I can find out how many visitors I have. Trust me, that alone was an experience. I had to follow directions, copy the html and yada, yada, yada. After sweating it out for I can't remember how long, I finally made it appear. I was stoked! I did it. All by my lonesome. LOL. There's hope for me after all.

While the counter is nice, it doesn't tell me WHO my visitors are and WHERE they're from. To that end, I'd like to ask all of you who visit my blog to post a comment and tell me where you're from and how you found me. Tell me if you've ready any of my books or are you just a casual passerby? I'm curious. I'd like to know a little bit about you guys.

So, come on. Talk to me, people. I invite you to de-lurk for a few minutes and tell me about yourself. Trust me, after that, you can go back in the wonderful world of anonymity--which I inhabit as well. *g*

I'll be waiting...

6 comments:

Karen Scott said...

Well, I'm from England, but you knew that already!

Karen Scott said...

Hey, if you want to know where your visitors are from, just sign up to Mapstats, it's very useful! The link is here:

http://mapstats.blogflux.com/

Cathy M said...

Hi Bev, I love your books, I think I have them all by now. Am a big Ellora's Cave fan, and tend to join the blogs and chat groups of my favorite authors. Hail from California, and a huge erotic romance reader.

Beverly Havlir said...

Hey Karen,

LOL! Yes, I know where you're from. Thanks for the tip about mapstats.

Hugs!

Beverly Havlir said...

Hi Cathy,

Glad to see you around here. As you can see from my profile, I'm a fellow Californian, too. Like you, I'm a huge erotic romance reader. Writing gets in the way, but I always find the time to sneak in a book here and there. *g* Gotta feed my addiction to reading, you know.

Lori said...

Hi Bev! I'm here in SoCal just like you. We actually met at Celebrate Romance in Long Beach. I was the quiet one at the rowdy EC table *g*

Anyway, love your books, love to read your blog...