Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Glimpse Into My Life

This week my husband and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversay. Yup. Eighteen years, folks. My husband and I were just kids when we met, fell in love and had two beautiful babies in a row. In honor of that, I will push aside my habitual shyness and post some personal pictures. (like it or not...LOL!)




That's us approximately ten years ago. He took me to Morton's that night, just like he does every year for our anniversary. We feast on prime rib, lobster and delicious wine while we marvel at the years gone by.



San Francisco, July 2000. That was nice!




That's us now. We've aged and gained weight (yikes! big difference, huh?) over the years, but nothing much has changed between us. He's still my best friend. He can tell when something's bothering me, even if I don't say anything. He can finish my sentences, which is downright scary sometimes, but that's how well he knows me. He knows I write hot romances, has never read my work (just snippets), but he's always a willing test subject and excellent source of male perspective. He's a laid back alpha (yes, there is such a thing). He lets me have my way (most of the time) and is generally a push over when it comes to his kids. He's an excellent provider. He gave me a beautiful house and an awesome car. Most of all, he gave me two beautiful children, of whom we couldn't be more proud. We're getting ready to send one off to college next year. Soon after that, it'll be my daughter's turn.

Life with him isn't all hunky-dory. He drives like a maniac on the freeway (proof: he recently got clocked at 98 mph by the Highway Patrol. Needless to say, that ticket was EXPENSIVE). He prefers movies with car chase scenes, shootouts and explosions. Puts too much butter in the popcorn *shudder* and loves to scarf down hot links. And he loves to go to the shooting range. Me? I abhor guns.

But you know what keeps us going? We compromise. For my birthday years ago, he took me to see My Best Friend's Wedding...and he stayed awake the entire time. *g* In return, I watch the kind of movies he likes, which I admit, sometimes I like, too. (Case in point: The Departed. Great movie)

It's hasn't been smooth sailing the whole time, but we've managed to stay together. It means not giving up, working through problems and always counting our blessings. One day at a time.

So to my husband and best friend, Happy Anniversary. You'll always be the one for me.

2 comments:

Karen Scott said...

Cool pics Bev! Congrats on eighteen and still going strong!

ksurbeck said...

Wow Bev - congrats!!!!