Sunday, October 22, 2006

They're Starting To Come In

Today, since I couldn't write anything worth a damn (cold medication does that to me--makes me groggy and woozy) I decided to surf the net, just to see if there are any early reviews of For One Night Only.

I found one!

It's from a BDSM review site. If you want to read the review, you can find it here.

The reviewer scored For One Night Only 3 out of 5. Hey, I'll take it. Overall, the review was positive. First, the reviewer pointed out what she liked about the story then what she didn't like. Fair enough. All valid points. I still think it was a generally good review. Thanks, Elise.

For One Night Only got a BDSM rating (or genre) from Ellora's Cave. Since I don't want to spoil it for those of you yet to read it, I'm not going to go into detail. I had a lot of fun writing Lily and Michael's story. I actually bought a couple of BDSM how-to books, which raised a couple of eyebrows in my house, but of course I chalked it up to research. Hey, don't smirk. It's true. *wink*

A dom/sub relationship has too many intricacies to adequately portray in a category length book. I tried, though. I asked a well-known bdsm author for some pointers regarding a dom/sub relationship, and she told me there are no set rules. So I ran with it. If you guys liked For One Night Only, then I will have done my job. I'm thinking of writing a sort of sequel to the story, featuring Anton. This time I'll probably write a longer, more comprehensive peek into the lifestyle, but first...I'd have to do a lot more research. *g*

Since I've discovered that my readers are not shy about letting me know what they think, I invite all of you to drop me a note. You can post it here or email it me directly.

Now I'm off to lie down and nurse this stupid cold. I hate being sick. Hate, hate, hate. The only upside? I get to tackle a couple of books from my tbr list. There's nothing like being forced to snuggle under the covers with a sexy book. LOL.

No comments: