Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Can't Quite Make Up My Mind

Now that tv's new fall season is here, I'm SO glad for DVR. There are so many shows I want to watch and most of the time, they're up against each other! Honestly, can't they bump the low rated shows and just fill the schedule with the good ones? I end up recording others and have to settle for watching it later. Like CSI up against Grey's Anatomy. Now I'm a Grey's Anatomy fan, but how can I miss CSI? So Grey's usually ends up in the recorder, to be viewed later. What's bad about that? Sometimes I hear about notable scenes between Meredith and McDreamy before I see it. Kinda takes away the thrill of it, you know?

Of course, there are the old favorites. I've already mentioned two above (CSI and Grey's). There's Supernatural. I'm totally hooked. Love Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. I used to think Jensen was on the short side until he said in an interview that he's actually six feet tall! It's just that Jared is six-five or six-six. Soo tall. I like Jensen more, though. There's something about him...LOL. Then there's Gilmore Girls. I've always liked that.

In my opinion, one of the better shows this season is Heroes. It's about a bunch of people who discover they have superpowers. It's very interesting and thought provoking. I especially like the single Mom (played by Ali Larter) who seems to have some sort of alter-ego who has the guts to do the things she won't. Like kill people. Bad people, though. *g* Then there's the cheerleader who doesn't get hurt, won't die, yadda yadda. And the brothers who can fly. So cool. Of course they're all going to meet up sooner or later and then we'll find out what their purpose is. But it's a great show. I like it a lot.

There's also The Nine. It's about a bank robbery and the nine people who were caught up in it. Seems interesting. I'd have to watch the first episode to see. I've also started watching Smith, with Ray Liotta. I'm reserving judgment on this one. Can't quite make up my mind whether it's a keeper or not. *g*

HBO always has good shows. Notables? Sopranos, of course. Too bad they only have so many episodes left. I also like Rome. Can't wait for their new season. I've heard good stuff about Big Love--just can't get around a man who has more than one wife, so I can't get into that one. *g* My latest passion is Entourage. Funny and crazy, yet I can't help but cheer for Vince, E, Turtle and of course, Drama. Love Ari. He's the quintessential Hollywood agent. Shallow, greedy, rude and unbelievably funny. Breakaway character? Lloyd, Ari's assistant. He cracks me up.

As for reality shows, I'm SO over Bachelor. I watched it the first couple of seasons, then it quickly got old. Now they have a prince something-or-other who's on it. Blah. No interest. Same thing for Survivor. So over it. The only reality show I'm still watching is Amazing Race. Fascinating and never boring. Love it.

So there you have it. So many shows, so little time. I'd be interested to know if there are others out there who like the same shows I do.

No comments: